Hello Fur Perfection Customer!
Congratulations! You made a great choice purchasing the Rubold Fur Perfection Grooming Tool. By now, hopefully you have received the product and are ready to get rid of all the loose hair and mats from your dog's coat to make her/him shine again! So you have the tool in your hand, now you are wondering how to use it. It's easy. Just follow these steps to groom your dog the most effective way with your new Rubold Fur Perfection.
Instructions for Use
- Prepare the appropriate environment to brush your dog. The dog must be calm and relaxed while you work with the tool. Move the dog to a place where you can comfortably reach it and easily walk around it.
- Examine the coat and look for mats and tangles. If the fur is serve matted, don't brush her whole body immediately.
- Find the base of the mat and see how tight it is from the skin. Break out the mat carefully and brush it out with the tool one by one. Always comb in the direction of the hair growth.
- Start with the lower density teeth side of the brush for stubborn mats and tangles at the outer edge of the coat and work inward to break apart the mat.
- Finish with the higher density teeth side for faster results or thinning and deshedding.
- Try to avoid the tool coming into direct contact with the dog's skin and don't apply extreme pressure.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is it important to brush my dog?
- Brushing your dog regularly is very important for many reasons. It helps removing the excess dead hair from the coat. This way your dog will have a better look& feel, plus you don't have to clean your sofa from dog hair every time your pooch jumps on it. It is crucial to clean every mats and tangles in your dog's coat, because these are the hotbed of germs and causing soreness and skin complaints.
On the other hand, brushing help blood circulation and to keep grease levels down. Build-up of grease in a dog’s coat can block pores and cause sebaceous cysts.
Grooming gives you a great opportunity to examine your dog and look for fleas or ticks, blocked anal glands or dirty ears. Also look at the condition of the eyes, and general overall condition. You have a chance to reveal cuts and other abnormality and you can take the necessary action and visit your VET.
How does the RUBOLD Fur Perfection work?
- The Fur Perfection has two sides: one with 17 and one with 9 precision teeth. This special NO SCRATCH & NO PAIN™ design provides gentle and precise dematting and grooming for dogs with sensitive skin. The blades are rounded outside (so they don't scratch the skin unlike other pointed edge tools), but sharp inside, so every mats and tangles will be cleaned safe & easy. The extra wide 3,6 inch head ensure that you will finish fast with the best result.
How to use this grooming tool to get the best possible result?
- It's always a good idea to wash your dog before grooming. This way you can remove every dirt from the coat, plus you can apply some moisture which will make the process a lot easier. Bathing is highly recommended for dogs with thicker and heavier coat! Move your dog to a quiet place and start the grooming when your doggie is calm and relaxed. Start with the 9 teeth side for for stubborn mats and tangles. When working with mats always start from the outside inwards gradually. Take the time to carefully break the mats apart. Brush out every mats and tangles one by one before brushing the full body. When the brush is full of hair, remove and collect the dead hair in a disposable bag. Finish the grooming with the 17 teeth side for faster results or thinning and deshedding.
My dog doesn't tolerate brushing. What should I do?
- If your dog has no patience for brushing, split the job apart & dedicate a 10 minute grooming session every day. After a few days you can finish the whole body.
On what dog breeds does the Fur Perfection work?
- This tool is perfect for all breeds of dogs (and cats) especially on medium and long coats. Our customers are using their Fur Perfection currently on these breeds (not the full list):
German Wirehaired Pointer
King Charles Spaniel
Miniature Australian Shepherd
Old English Sheepdog
West Highland Terrier
Wirehaired Pointing Griffon
+ Long-haired cats like Ragdoll cat
How often should I use the Fur Perfection on my dog?
- Every dog has different grooming needs. If your dog is very active and plays a lot outside, chances are his/her coat can get matted very often. In this case you can use it every day to remove tangles and prevent matting. Other breeds with different grooming needs and different lifestyle may require brushing once a week.
More questions? We are here to help!
Here at RUBOLD our customers' 100% Satisfaction is our top priority! If you need further help in using our product, or if you have questions about use, training, your order, returns or refunds, please contact us by clicking here!
Something special for you...
Right now, we recommend taking a moment to register your product. This activates your guarantee, and allows us to provide even better customer service should you ever need to contact us. It also makes you eligible to receive special savings and promotions from RUBOLD. Go ahead, take a moment, register now and accept our gift as a thank you for your purchase:
You can use the coupon for reordering this product or you can buy the Rubold Natural Ear Cleaner at a special price on Amazon.